Established company is looking for 2nd shift press assistant in the Lancaster area. This is a Monday - Friday position 4:00 PM - Midnight, with some weekend overtime required. Mechanical aptitude and prior operating experience is required.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
• Read press schedules to ensure that the correct paper is supplied to the presses when needed. Manage butt-roll inventory by using butt rolls before full rolls.
• Ensure paper meets job specifications and paper splices are prepared in a timely manner for continual press operation.
• Set up quality splices that run through the press with minimum paper weave and sheeter jams.
• Keep roll tags for each roll used in order at the press. Maintain an accurate, legible roll report throughout the shift.
• Remove finished product to WIP
• Label unused stock with roll tag and replace core bungs for return to inventory.
• Supply press with fountain solution as needed
• Keep press supplied with chemicals, rags and other consumables as needed.
• Empty rag cans daily.
• Keep area behind and around the press clean, swept and organized.
• Replace full gaylords of waste as necessary.
• Assist press operator in webbing press.
• Maintain cutoff registration and inspect product for quality defects during the run.
• Wipe down press when time permits
• Other duties as assigned.
Chartwell provides one of the most comprehensive benefits packages in the industry to our employees. Benefits include:
- 401(k) Plan
- Skills Training
- Referral Bonuses
- Weekly pay with direct deposit
Chartwell is a leader in matching great people with meaningful work. We connect over 10,000 associates with our business clients each day through our 36 offices across the United States. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, we offer employment opportunities at any stage in your professional career. Chartwell offers benefits including 401(k), Medical and weekly pay with direct deposit!
EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.