Position Description, Qualifications & Desired Experience:
The Assembly Technicians complete the assembly of agricultural application equipment and snow/anti-icing equipment. This position uses hand, pneumatic and power tools to install all components within the established time and quality limits. The Assembly Technician is responsible for performing all duties in a safe and efficient manner using the mandated Personal Protective Equipment, or PPE. This position may also assist the Electrical Assembly Technician with the installation of electronics and electrical harnesses. The Assembly Technician position reports to the Manufacturing Manager.
KEY PERFORMANCE METRICS/GOALS:
Improve product quality
• Reduce defect rate
• Improve customer satisfaction
• Reduce actual labor costs
• Reduce recordable incident rate
• Maintain inventory accuracy
Apply practical knowledge of mechanical, electrical, and pneumatic systems.
• Read and apply information from schematics, technical drawings and work instructions.
• Accurately and safely assemble products.
• Identify and communicate process improvements to Manufacturing Manager.
• Report quality or material defects to Manufacturing Manager.
• Report production stoppages to Manufacturing Manager.
• Troubleshoot mechanical systems as part of final assembly of products.
• Promote and maintain a safe working environment.
Education and Experience:
Certification or equivalent work experience
• Minimum 2-5 years prior industrial assembly, automotive, or diesel experience
Strong knowledge of assembly processes and methods
• Excellent organizational skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Requires personal supply of tools
We participate in E-VERIFY and upon hire will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
All candidates are advised that certain requirements related to the current COVID-19 pandemic will or may apply to this position. Face masks will be required for candidates to enter Chartwell offices and may be mandatory within the assignment location. Maintaining a safe distance of at least 6 feet from others and following good hygiene practices such as frequent hand washing/sanitizing will also be required while within Chartwell offices and in many of the work environments we staff. Additional measures such as body temperature screening may be implemented based on the most current guidelines and directives.
Chartwell Staffing Solutions provides one of the most comprehensive benefits packages in the industry to our employees. Benefits include:
- Skills Training
- Referral Bonuses
- Weekly pay with direct deposit option
Chartwell is a leader in matching great people with meaningful work. We connect thousands of associates with our business clients each day through our 30+ locations across the United States. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, we offer employment opportunities at any stage in your professional career.
Chartwell provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.