Chartwell Staffing has an excellent opportunity for a Billing Analyst in a large prestigious law firm in Midtown, Manhattan. The candidate will work closely with the Billing team, clients, attorneys and administrative staff to conduct various billing tasks.
Law firm experience preferred but any professional services industry will be considered.
- Coordinating and maintaining billing portfolios.
- Maintaining the billing system's data.
- Interpreting and processing Partner billing instructions into the billing system.
- Reviewing time entries to ensure proper matter coding, billing rates, compliance with client guidelines and/or e-billing guidelines.
- Preparing client bills, including preparation of narrative description bills as well as detailed progress and cost bills.
- Ensuring all analysis is proofread and accurately presented.
- Maintaining the specifics of Particular billing arrangements between clients and Partners.
- Processing bill batches as needed.
- Responding to client billing and payment queries in a timely and accurate manner.
- Assisting with cash receipts and researching cash receipts issues.
- Communicating effectively with staff on various billing related queries.
- Maintaining reporting schedules.
- Maintaining the billing portion of specific databases.
- Processing both scheduled and ad-hoc billing reports for the Partners.
- Preparing final year-end billing-related analysis.
- Preparing client-related billing projects for Partners.
- Inputting diaries as needed and maintaining accessible and organized files.
- Submitting and monitoring e-bills to various e-billing sites.
- Escalating any billing/e-billing related issues to the management team when necessary; and
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 2-3 years of billing experience (preferably legal billing).
- Experience with various e-billing systems, vendors, and EbillingHub.
- Knowledge of legal billing software databases, preferably Elite or 3E.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of LEDES electronic files.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong analytical and proofreading skills
- Detail oriented, highly organized and ability to multitask.
- Ability to adapt to various workloads; and ability to work independently to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently to meet deadlines.
Our client offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision care, 401(k).
Chartwell Staffing Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer.