Position Description and Qualifications
Repairs company fleet to meet DOT standards and to be dependable on public highways. Performs preventive maintenance service on company fleet to minimize downtime and make modifications to company fleet as directed by management and according to company and manufacturers’ specifications and guidelines to meet employer’s needs. Maintain records on the Company’s mechanic’s console in SAP system.
• Perform scheduled service on all vehicles.
• Perform inspections.
• Perform major repairs to equipment, including engine, rear end, clutch, brake overhauls, transmission, and hydraulic system overhauls.
• Perform minor repairs to equipment, including but not limited to cutting, welding, changing tires, and replacing lights.
• Perform electrical system repairs on vehicles.
• Maintain clean and organized work area.
• Maintain records of repairs and enter into SAP system for tracking.
• Engine/transmission rebuilds.
• High-level knowledge of shop diagnostic computer programs.
• High competence on all truck/trailer systems.
• Stooping, bending, and squatting
• Climb ladders and work at heights up to 20 feet using all proper PPE
• Climb stairs frequently
• Lift weight up to 50 pounds
• Minimum of 3 years of relevant mechanical experience.
• Possess strong mechanical abilities relative to the fleet.
• Knowledge of metal fabrication, cutting and welding.
• Valid CDL driver license.
• Own tools.
• 10 years of heavy truck maintenance.
• Volvo/Mack Master Tech Certified and/or ASE Heavy Truck Certified.
Chartwell provides one of the most comprehensive benefits packages in the industry to our employees. Benefits include:
- Paid Holidays
- 401(k) Plan
- Skills Training
- Referral Bonuses
- Weekly pay with direct deposit
Chartwell is a leader in matching great people with meaningful work. We connect over 10,000 associates with our business clients each day through our 36 offices across the United States. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, we offer employment opportunities at any stage in your professional career. Chartwell offers benefits including 401(k), Medical and weekly pay with direct deposit!
EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $17.00 to $20.00 /hour