Verifies and keeps records on incoming and outgoing shipments and prepares items for shipment. Also, performs repetitive bench or line assembly operations to produce products by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Uses ERP System to process incoming receipts / outgoing deliveries
• Compares identifying information and counts, weighs, or measures items of incoming and outgoing shipments to verify information against bills of lading, invoices, orders, or other records.
• Affixes shipping labels on packed cartons or stencils identifying shipping information on cartons.
• Inserts items into containers.
• Assembles containers on skids, binds with plastic strapping, and stretch wraps.
• Stamps, stencils, or glues identifying information and shipping instructions onto crates or containers.
• Post weights and shipping charges, and affixes postage.
• Unpacks and examines incoming shipments, rejects damaged items, records shortages, and corresponds with shipper to rectify damages and shortages. Routes items to departments.
• Examines outgoing shipments to ensure shipments meet specifications.
• Maintains inventory of shipping materials and supplies.
• Uses hand-truck and pallet jack to move, convey or hoist shipments from shipping and receiving platform to storage or work area.
• Places parts in specified relationship to each other.
• Works at different workstations as production needs require.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written , oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Must have current valid drivers license, and good driving record.
*While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk reach with hands and arms, and talk to hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit and stoop, kneel or crouch. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Chartwell Staffing Solutions provides one of the most comprehensive benefits packages in the industry to our employees. Benefits include:
- Skills Training
- Referral Bonuses
- Weekly pay with direct deposit option
Chartwell is a leader in matching great people with meaningful work. We connect over 5000 associates with our business clients each day through our 30+ locations across the United States. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, we offer employment opportunities at any stage in your professional career.
Chartwell provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.