Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Establish self as ‘go to’ HR person for employees.
• Develops effective working relationships through on-site and floor presence with local management and employees to influence and coach them on effective employment practices.
• Works in partnership with local management on various employment matters including performance management issues, employee inquiries or complaints, as well as the implementation of company-wide HR activities such as: Corporate initiatives, Compliance Training, Performance Reviews and Goal Setting process, and others.
• Drive recruitment activities for hourly positions following established process, in accordance with Affirmative Action requirements.
• Provide and promote positive employee relations, effectively respond to employee inquiries, and be actively involved in resolving issues and concerns.
• Process employment transactions via ticketing system and acquire employee data reflecting employment trends/progress towards key initiatives or expectations.
• Coordinate activities for new employees including new hire orientation, post hiring interviews and other employee engagement activities.
• Conducts investigations and recommends actions to effectively resolve policy violations. Elevates matters to site HR Manager on final recommendation.
• Stays current on state/federal employment laws and company policies. Shares ‘need to know’ information with managers to help improve their supervisory effectiveness and to avoid potential problems.
• Deploy training to inform or assist employees/managers on job related activities, policies, or best practices.
• Provides input and formulates process/policy improvement.
• Support the implementation of HR programs, processes and procedures originating from COE’s or other HR leadership areas.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field (or equivalent work experience).
• Minimum of 4 years Human Resources experience in a fast-paced environment, manufacturing preferred
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
• Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organizations HRIS and talent management systems
• Must have solid human resources generalist skills, especially in the areas of talent acquisition, performance management, and employee relations.
• Demonstrated success at influencing and coaching employees and business leaders is required.
• Exceptional organizational, interpersonal, and oral/written communication skills are essential. Also important is the ability to manage multiple and competing priorities.
• Must be able to quickly gain trust and build relationships.
• Bilingual (English/Spanish) skills helpful.
Chartwell provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.