Laser Machine Operator, 3rd Shift – Large manufacturing company seeks 2 experienced Laser Machine Operators to load materials onto lasers and perform laser cutting operations per specifications, work instructions, schedules and drawings. You will work the night shift at their facility in Rock Falls, IL.
These are full-time, temp-to-hire positions where you will earn $18 an hour, plus a $3 shift differential for working the night shift, and overtime pay $$. This facility has free onsite parking and an employee lunchroom with a microwave and refrigerator available for your use.
Laser Machine Operators with this company are expected to keep Schedulers / Programmers informed of all relevant production information and:
- Setup and operate Bystronic (Bystar 3015 10K Fiber) & Antil AutoLoad System lasers.
- Use steel gauges to validate the thickness of appropriate materials loaded for specific job orders.
- Load correct materials and unload lasered parts.
- Use precision instruments to check the tolerances and quality of lasered parts.
- Ensure good quality product are being sent to the welding department.
To be considered for these positions, you must have at least 3 months of laser machine operating experience, be able to interpret and follow written instructions, schedules, documents, blueprints and specifications and:
- Be able to troubleshoot minor program errors independently.
- Be able to use and interpret measuring tools such as micrometers, calipers and tape measures to ensure specs.
- Have a solid understanding of metal fabrication concepts and processes.
- Have a High school diploma or GED.
- Understand machine set-ups including program retrieval, proper nozzles, proper gases, start-up and shut down for laser machine. Prior CNC machine operating experience is preferred.
- Consent to a drug screen. This is a drug-free workplace.
- Consent to a background check. Prior convictions may not necessarily disqualify you from working for this company.
If you seek an immediate opportunity where you will enjoy your job and work for a great company, then please apply now for consideration. Or Call/text: 815-564-0794 for more information.