Chartwell Staffing has a great opportunity for an experienced Direct Hire Legal Administrative Assistant with an Am Law 100 law firm in Midtown Manhattan.
The successful candidate will be working on a team with other Administrative Assistants. At least 3 years of previous legal experience and flexibility for overtime is required.
- Provide detailed and high-level secretarial and administrative support in a Team of 2 or 3 Administrative Assistants.
- Coordinate and maintain effective office procedures and efficient workflow; foster an atmosphere of teamwork and cooperation.
- Work effectively with other Administrative Assistants within the assigned team; provide coverage to other Administrative Assistants in the office when needed and volunteer for overflow work assignments when time permits.
- Work closely to mentor, share knowledge, best practices and answer any Firm policy and procedural questions for Administrative Assistant I incumbents.
- Schedule client meetings, reserve conference rooms, coordinate audio visual equipment and food needs. Coordinate all aspects of the lawyers’ travel arrangements (domestic and international), prepare itineraries and monitor and process travel reimbursements in a timely manner; maintain Outlook calendar and contacts and monitor crucial due dates for lawyers as required.
- Answer phones and direct callers as required, receive, register and assist visitors as required. Monitor lawyers’ incoming emails as directed and when required.
- Type, revise and proofread general correspondence, memos, legal documents, and reports. Ensure accuracy and clarity of all work product in a timely manner. Utilize iManage document management system effectively as a central repository for all matter related documents.
- Maintain lawyers’ time in Elite 3E, proofread an submit finalize time to Accounting daily; prepare client billing as required; follow through on all client billing matters.
- Mandatory participation in the Secretarial Certification Program.
- Timely and regular attendance.
- Perform other duties as necessary and as assigned by your supervisor for efficient functioning of the office.
- Minimum of 3 years prior legal secretarial work experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- High attention to detail and ability to multi-ask in a high paced environment.
- Ability to prioritize and coordinate work, maintain confidential information, manage workflow and delegate projects as necessary and manage deadlines.
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate with various levels of staff within the organization.
- Ability to work productively and cooperatively with other employees.
- Ability to learn new skills as they become necessary.
- Equipment: computer, duplicating machines, scanners. Systems: iManage, MS Office, Elite 3E, Chrome River.
Chartwell Staffing Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full-time