Chartwell is looking for Press Operators in the Ontario, CA area.
As part of the Press Room department the responsibilities are to set up, operate, inspect and follow all
processes to print and provide good quality parts that are within specification. Work with all departments to communicate effectively and meet all expectations of the customers.
- Prepare the press before the start of production and follow the set-up procedures (i.e. Replenish lubricant, remove scrap, adjust feeders and/or conveyors, etc.) for the die as well as the steel coil required.
- Prepare and complete the first article and buy off process.
- Report all parts made into the company database.
- Conduct quality inspections of parts per the Quality Plan.
- Use hand held tools such as, gauges, pins, caliper, etc.
- Package parts using the customer shipping requirements.
- Create, print and label required totes/boxes.
- Communicate/coordinate with department and leaders about production, material, and manpower complications.
- Other duties or projects as required or assigned.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent education.
- Blue print reading class from an accredited technical school and/or equivalent experience.
- Advanced math & metrology skills proven through apprenticeship program or pre-employment exam.
- Basic reading skills.
- Minimum of 2 years previous experience in a manufacturing setting, preferably as a Press Operator.
- Must have experience working with steel coils.
- Ability to read blue prints.
- Must be able to multitask and exercise good problem-solving skills
- Familiarity of MRP/ERP software and good computer skills.
- Must be able to use handheld tools such as a calculator, micrometer, and gauges.
- Must work well under pressure and in a fast-paced environment.
- Good oral and written communication.
- Must be able to establish and maintain good working relationships with people inside and outside of the company.
Chartwell provides one of the most comprehensive benefits packages in the industry to our employees. Benefits include:
- Paid Holidays
- 401(k) Plan
- Skills Training
- Referral Bonuses
- Weekly pay with direct deposit
Chartwell is a leader in matching great people with meaningful work. We connect over 10,000 associates with our business clients each day through our 36 offices across the United States. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, we offer employment opportunities at any stage in your professional career. Chartwell offers benefits including 401(k), Medical and weekly pay with direct deposit!
EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.