Position Description, Qualifications & Desired Experience:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Sets up Assigned production line for operation in allotted time.
- Starts, stops, sets up, and cleans machinery according to operational requirements.
- Performs daily line inspection and reports any issues found to Supervisor, Maintenance technician, and in Redzone.
- Follow up reports to ensure maintenance tasks are completed.
- Oversee line production run ensuring that customer specifications are met.
- Coding is in the right location and in the proper format.
- Pallet tag and placard information match product descriptions.
- Keeps supervisor informed of any issues with production run.
- Keeps in contact with Maintenance crew of any repairs needed in order to prevent down time.
- Track productivity of line including spillage, throughput, yield and any other critical parameters.
- Properly reports Downtime and materials used to Production Control and in Redzone.
- Complete the Manufacturing Orders timely and accurately for the items produced.
- Report productivity to supervisor on a regular basis.
- May handle materials weighing up to 50 pounds occasionally.
- Maintains correct product availability to line operations per the product packaging specification.
- Will not mishandle equipment in any manner.
- Must ensure all Line staff is following production specifications.
- Must follow GMP’s at all times.
- Actively participates in Continuous Improvement Program (CIP)
- Ensures product meets all packaging specifications as per customer requirement.
- Properly marks product or materials as directed with NC/ WIP/FG codes or other marks.
- Completes records as necessary.
- Knows and Follows Company GMP’s.
- Knows and Follows Company Food Safety Policies.
- Knows and Follows the HACCP Policy for the production area.
- Performs proper cleaning when changing product runs.
- Keeps work area clean and orderly using appropriate cleaning utensil.
- Cleans up production area and elsewhere at end of shift as directed.
- Responsible for ensuring safe working conditions and safe work practices in assigned area, this includes following written procedures for safe handling and use of chemical compounds.
- MUST follow all Label requirements when handling, storing or using chemicals.
- Must be familiar with safe machine operations where machinery must be cleaned while running and follow lock out/tag out procedures as required.
- Must wear proper PPE for the different tasks performed.
- Ensures clear and timely communication within department and with other departments to maximize plant efficiency.
- Communicate well with maintenance staff to correct issues.
- Communicate well with QC staff to maintain quality standards.
- Keeps management team abreast of significant issues or developments identified during routine activities and actions being taken to improve the situation.
- Must have mechanical aptitude.
- Must be able to work under a timeline and meet that timeline.
- Must be able to perform simple mathematical calculations
- Must be trained in the nature and properties of Sanitation chemicals.
We participate in E-VERIFY and upon hire will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
Reasonable accommodations will be made for qualified individuals with disabilities so that they can perform the essential functions of the job.
All candidates are advised that certain requirements related to the current COVID-19 pandemic will or may apply to this position. Face masks will be required for candidates to enter Chartwell offices and may be mandatory within the assignment location. Maintaining a safe distance of at least 6 feet from others and following good hygiene practices such as frequent hand washing/sanitizing will also be required while within Chartwell offices and in many of the work environments we staff. Additional measures such as body temperature screening may be implemented based on the most current guidelines and directives.
Chartwell Staffing Solutions provides one of the most comprehensive benefits packages in the industry to our employees. Benefits include:
- Skills Training
- Referral Bonuses
- Weekly pay with direct deposit option
Chartwell is a leader in matching great people with meaningful work. We connect over 5000 associates with our business clients each day through our 30+ locations across the United States. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, we offer employment opportunities at any stage in your professional career.
Chartwell provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.