Position Description, Qualifications and Desired Experience:
Maintain production and quality by ensuring operation of machinery and auxiliary equipment. This person is responsible for all maintenance activities related with the operation of machinery and auxiliary equipment by completing preventive and corrective maintenance on electrical, pneumatic , hydraulic equipment, conveyor systems, production machines, packaging equipment and auxiliary equipment's on a daily basics following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions, and engineering specifications; troubleshooting malfunctions. Candidate will provide support to multiple departments within the plant he/she must be service oriented with a good professional disposition toward internal and external customers and suppliers.
Key Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
- Maintenance Mechanic will be servicing, repairing, adjusting, and testing machines, devices, moving parts, and equipment that operate primarily on the basis of mechanical and electrical principles. In addition to this the Maintenance Mechanic will perform the assigned work orders.
- Maintenance Mechanic will repair broken or damaged equipment in timing fashion to minimize downtime; as well as perform scheduled maintenance to test the asset and predict how long it will be before it needs to be replaced.
- Essential function of the Maintenance Mechanic job is to perform a wide variety of skilled maintenance and repair tasks; and performs related duties as required, maintenance schedules vary with daily, weekly and monthly tasks.
- Must be flexible and willing to work overtime.
- Thorough knowledge of proper safety techniques and procedures.
- Knowledge of GMP’s, FDA Regulations.
- Knowledge of materials, tools, methods and equipment used in maintenance that include knowledge of AC/DC motors and various voltages and knowledge of ARC, MIG and GAS welding/cutting.
- Able to work in restricted areas, climb ladders/platforms and work at high levels.
- Must provide industrial tools.
- Other tasks may be assigned.
Reasonable accommodations will be made for qualified individuals with disabilities so that they can perform the essential functions of the job.
All candidates are advised that certain requirements related to the current COVID-19 pandemic will or may apply to this position. Face masks will be required for candidates to enter Chartwell offices and may be mandatory within the assignment location. Maintaining a safe distance of at least 6 feet from others and following good hygiene practices such as frequent hand washing/sanitizing will also be required while within Chartwell offices and in many of the work environments we staff. Additional measures such as body temperature screening may be implemented based on the most current guidelines and directives.
Chartwell Staffing Solutions provides one of the most comprehensive benefits packages in the industry to our employees. Benefits include:
- Skills Training
- Referral Bonuses
- Weekly pay with direct deposit option
Chartwell is a leader in matching great people with meaningful work. We connect over 5000 associates with our business clients each day through our 30+ locations across the United States. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, we offer employment opportunities at any stage in your professional career.
Chartwell provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.