Position Description, Qualifications & Desired Experience:
Associates Degree, or related certifications and or equivalent combination of education and experience in work. Working experience in Food Processing, Food Packaging or other related food industry field required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Good communication skills relating to employee interaction. Some Spanish preferred, not required.
- Must be able to weld and use Oxygen Acetylene Torch.
- Have working knowledge of electrical systems, hydraulic
- Must be able to operate tools or equipment common to the trade.
- Knowledge to perform basic maintenance of production equipment. I.e. replace drive belts, conveyor belts, change bearings, and change electric motors.
- Knowledge of, HACCP, GMP’s, Organic Handling Procedures, Allergen Control Program, Food Plant Security, Glass control, Quality related policies, and Safety programs, and ability to help ensure plant operations are complying with those programs.
Must have full set of own tools along with:
- Must have own welding PPE [helmet/gloves]
- Experience with 36VDC/ 48VDC and 120VAC to 480VAC electrical systems to include installation and troubleshooting
- Experience with stainless steel and mild steel fabrication/welding
- Experience with pneumatic systems
- Experience with hydraulic control systems
- Physical demands: the job will require:
o Moving: over 2/3 of shift
o Sitting: under 1/3 of shift
o Use of arms, hands and fingers to reach, handle and feel: over 2/3 of shift
o Ability to balance: 1/3 to 2/3 of shift
o Stoop, crouch: over 2/3 of shift
o Talk and hear: over 2/3 of shift
o Smell: under 1/3 of shift
o Lifting up to 25 pounds: over 2/3 of shift
o Lifting up to 50 pounds: over 2/3 of shift (utilize equipment or team lift)
o Lifting up to and over 100 pounds: over 2/3 of shift (utilize equipment or team lift)
o Vision: close, distance, peripheral, depth perception, ability to adjust focus
o Ability to work safely in such environment conditions:
- Work near moving mechanical parts: over 2/3 of shift
- Work in high precarious places: 1/3 of shift
- Fumes and airborne particles: 1/3 of shift
- Toxic/ Caustic chemicals: 1/3 of shift
- Outdoor weather conditions: 1/3 of shift
- Risk of electrical shock: 2/3 of shift
- Vibration: 1/3 of shift
- Temperature: 2/3 shift indoor, varying depending on time of year within acceptable range.
- Loud noise
We participate in E-VERIFY and upon hire will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
Reasonable accommodations will be made for qualified individuals with disabilities so that they can perform the essential functions of the job.
All candidates are advised that certain requirements related to the current COVID-19 pandemic will or may apply to this position. Face masks will be required for candidates to enter Chartwell offices and may be mandatory within the assignment location. Maintaining a safe distance of at least 6 feet from others and following good hygiene practices such as frequent hand washing/sanitizing will also be required while within Chartwell offices and in many of the work environments we staff. Additional measures such as body temperature screening may be implemented based on the most current guidelines and directives.
Chartwell Staffing Solutions provides one of the most comprehensive benefits packages in the industry to our employees. Benefits include:
- Skills Training
- Referral Bonuses
- Weekly pay with direct deposit option
Chartwell is a leader in matching great people with meaningful work. We connect over 5000 associates with our business clients each day through our 30+ locations across the United States. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, we offer employment opportunities at any stage in your professional career.
Chartwell provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.