Position Description, Qualifications & Desired Experience:
JOB TITLE: MATERIAL HANDLER
- Dries all materials and assures that materials are removed from dryers and other containers after use and placed into stock inventory.
- All containers and equipment will be identified with label describing the type of material and lot number.
- Determine at start of run, the total pounds of material required for initial production.
- Maintain harmonious and respectful work relations with other employees.
- Maintain good work and personal grooming habits.
- Performs any related task as assigned by a supervisor.
- Working with materials, dyes or additives throughout the manufacturing process and inventory.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Ensures that safety is the first consideration of all personnel and that it takes priority over product and production.
- Always keeps material at machines to insure uninterrupted running of mold machines.
- Granulates all runners and scrap parts to ensure that the recycle will be blended with the virgin material when permitted.
- When granulating is complete on a type of material, the granulator must be cleaned for next material type to be ground.
- All floors, equipment, scales, and tumblers must be kept clean.
- Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must have a forklift license.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or a minimum of two years Material Handling experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Basic electrical and mechanical experience.
Must have general knowledge of thermoplastic resins.
Ability to read a limited number of two- and three-syllable words and to recognize similarities and differences between words and between series of numbers. Ability to print and speak simple sentences.
All candidates are advised that certain requirements related to the current COVID-19 pandemic will or may apply to this position. Face masks will be required for candidates to enter Chartwell offices and may be mandatory within the assignment location. Maintaining a safe distance of at least 6 feet from others and following good hygiene practices such as frequent hand washing/sanitizing will also be required while within Chartwell offices and in many of the work environments we staff. Additional measures such as body temperature screening may be implemented based on the most current guidelines and directives.
Chartwell Staffing Solutions provides one of the most comprehensive benefits packages in the industry to our employees. Benefits include:
- Skills Training
- Referral Bonuses
- Weekly pay with direct deposit option
Chartwell is a leader in matching great people with meaningful work. We connect over 5000 associates with our business clients each day through our 30+ locations across the United States. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, we offer employment opportunities at any stage in your professional career.
Chartwell provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.