Position Description, Qualifications and Desired Experience:
Full time Weekend Shift Friday - Sun 2nd Shift 3:00 PM - 3:30 AM with some OT
MUST BE ABLE TO WORK ALL THREE DAYS.
The Material Handler is responsible for the accurate storing, moving and receiving of product to. Performs various manual labor tasks including, but not limited to box making, labeling, picking/packing orders, tape/dunnage, shipping /receiving, palletizing product, manually load trailers and replenishing. Is responsible to maintain accuracy, quality, and meet or exceed productivity quotas while performing these tasks. Must maintain and meet company standards within the safety, security, sanitation procedures. This position reports in the Lead Warehouse Supervisor.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Loads and unloads freight in an efficient and safe manner.
- Meet productivity requirements as required.
- Ability to operate manual and electric material handling equipment such as hand jacks.
- Moves product to storage area with proper equipment and efficiently stack and store merchandise in the appropriate areas.
- Picks orders for shipment and assembles various types of merchandise to be shipped.
- Process orders including picking, checking, sorting, and consolidating freight, wrapping pallets, packing loading and shipment confirmation of customer orders.
- Operates material handling equipment in a safe and efficient manner, as required.
- Checks and verifies freight for accuracy and/or damage and infestation.
- Record information such as weight, time, and date packaged.
- Maintains a clean, neat, and orderly work area.
- Assists in maintaining the security of the warehouse.
- Conducts operations in a manner promoting safety.
- Conducts sanitation functions as requested.
- Assists in physical inventories, as needed.
- High School Diploma/GED required
- E-commerce background preferred
- At least 1 year of experience in a warehouse and with electric pallet jack experience
- Experience in the use of computerized inventory controls systems, RF Guns
- Ability to identify items on all paperwork including, but not limited to customer orders, bill of lading, manifest, packing lists, stock receipts, and customer labels
- Ability to handle changing priorities and use good judgment in stressful situations
- Requires the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability and availability to work irregular or extended hours including nights, weekends and holidays as needed by the customer
- Must be able to meet physical requirements of job for up to 10-12 hours
- Lift and move totes up to 50-100 pounds
- Regular bending, lifting, stretching, and reaching both below the waist and above the head
- Walking in the FC and around area with great frequency; facilities are over a quarter mile in length
- Should be able to work in environments with variable noise levels, lighting conditions and temperature variation and able to access all areas of building without limitations
If you are ready to grow with a great company and can handle the physical aspect of this position, please apply to this ad or text the word APPLICATION to 704-499-9816.
Reasonable accommodations will be made for qualified individuals with disabilities so that they can perform the essential functions of the job.
All candidates are advised that certain requirements related to the current COVID-19 pandemic will or may apply to this position. Face masks will be required for candidates to enter Chartwell offices and may be mandatory within the assignment location. Maintaining a safe distance of at least 6 feet from others and following good hygiene practices such as frequent hand washing/sanitizing will also be required while within Chartwell offices and in many of the work environments we staff. Additional measures such as body temperature screening may be implemented based on the most current guidelines and directives.
Chartwell Staffing Solutions provides one of the most comprehensive benefits packages in the industry to our employees. Benefits include:
- Skills Training
- Referral Bonuses
- Weekly pay with direct deposit option
Chartwell is a leader in matching great people with meaningful work. We connect over 5000 associates with our business clients each day through our 30+ locations across the United States. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, we offer employment opportunities at any stage in your professional career.
Chartwell provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.