The Material Handler position works in warehouses and production facilities to move products. Material handler makes sure production and shipping areas are fully stocked and have the products they need to fulfill orders.
- Loads and unloads product to and from delivery vehicles and designated storage areas.
- Reads production schedule, Customer orders, work orders, shipping orders, or requisitions to determine items to be moved, gathered, or distributed.
- Conveys materials and items from receiving or production areas to storage or other designated areas.
- Sorts and places materials or item on racks, shelves, or in bins according to predetermined sequence, such as size, type, or product code.
- Fills requisitions, work orders, or request for materials, or other stock items and distributes items to production workers or assembly line.
- Records amounts of materials or items received or distributed.
- Promote teamwork and cooperative effort.
- Maintain a clean, safe, and unobstructed work area, practice good safety habits, and utilize appropriate safety equipment.
Position Requirements & Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum of 6 months to 1 year of related experience.
- Ability to succeed in a demanding, dynamic, fast-moving organization requiring flexibility and balance.
- Ability to react to change productively and handle other tasks as required.
- Ability to drive and use Forklift, Reach truck, Cherry picker, pallet jack's.
- Ability to lift up and/or move up to 40 pounds using proper safety methods.
- Ability to speak, write and understand English.
- Ability to verify by sight, accuracy of product and paper.
Chartwell Staffing Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer