Material Handler / Forklift Operator
Steam and fire boiler manufacturing company seeks 2 full-time Bilingual Material Handlers / Forklift Operators to assemble boxes, skids, crates, and platforms used *to ship equipment and machine parts. You will work in their Industry, CA facility.
EARN $17 AN HOUR + OVERTIME AT $25.50 AN HOUR!
You will work the day shift, from 6AM – 2:30PM, Monday through Friday and 6AM – Noon on Saturdays.
As the Material Handler, you will be responsible for building and preparing bracing and other support needed transport items via truck or railroad car and:
- Using a forklift to load and place heavy machinery on skids or blocks.
- Securing machinery or parts to skids by using appropriate packing materials including wood crossbars and metal strappings.
- Applying adequate rust protection coatings or materials to machinery and parts to ensure safety during shipping.
- Labeling crates and boxes with necessary shipping and identification information.
- Managing and maintaining lumber and crating materials inventory.
- Repairing pallets and skids, as needed.
To be considered for this Material Handling job, you must have 1 year of shipping and receiving experience, prior forklift operating experience, carpentry experience, and a high school diploma or GED. You must also:
- Be able to lift 20 lbs.
- Have experience working with wood tools such as hammers, saws, and drills.
- Be willing to consent to a drug screen. This is a drug-free workplace.
- Be willing to consent to a background check. Prior convictions may not necessarily disqualify you from working for this company.
Isn’t it time to start working for a great company? Don’t miss out on this excellent opportunity. Apply NOW to start your next job! Call / Text: 626-850-5185 to schedule an interview.