Position Description and Qualifications
- Organizes work area to accommodate efficient completion of assigned tasks.
- Capable of reading, understanding, interpreting, and following the company’s mechanical & electrical blueprints, production software, work instructions, and photos in English to permit efficient workflow.
- Capable of learning and using the company’s production control software (MS AX2012).
- Conduct mechanical & electrical assembly procedures, following specifications, drawings and/or instructions.
- Clean and inspect parts to allow proper assembly of tight tolerance parts.
- Drills, taps, or reams holes through and into metal and plastic components.
- Align stationary components for mechanical assembly using bolting, screwing, or riveting.
- Install moving parts, such as shafts, levers, links, and/or bearings. Test motion for freedom of movement and interference.
- Bends tubing and installs tube fittings and tubing for pneumatic and hydraulic systems.
- Cuts and threads pipe then assembles pipe, pipe fittings, and mechanical components.
- Prepare flexible tubing & hoses using crimp or clamp type components and fittings.
- Uses alignment tools to properly align drive motors/shafts to hydraulic pumps for installation of couplings.
- Pulls & terminates conduit & wiring to & from junction and control boxes, then terminates pulled wiring on terminal blocks and connectors. Installs electromechanical & electronic components.
- Disassembles & tags finished products; then cleans paints & prepares disassembled products for shipping.
Education and/or Experience:
- Two-year certificate from a recognized junior college or technical school preferred but not required; or thirty six to forty eight months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and comprehend in English simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to coherently write instructions,fill out forms, or test reports, and composes simple correspondence in English.
- Efficiently convey verbal/written instructions or information in English to their supervisor, engineering, or fellow workers in a small group environment.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide inall units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Understand and calculate rates, ratios, and percentages; and create charts & bar graphs.
- Convert English units & dimensions to and from metric units and dimensions.
- Reasoning Ability: Apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but involved written or verbal instructions.
- Analyze problems involving a few given variables in normal daily work situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of production control software that includes looking up Bills of Material, part description, component locations, and order processing.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds or more operate a forklift, overhead cranes, personnel lifts, and hand driven material movers; and navigate ladders. The individual cannot have any balance issues or fear of heights.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by anyemployee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $14.00 to $15.00 /hour