Engages in advanced paint preparation practices in order to achieve Class A, B, or C cosmetics after paint.
Position Description and Qualifications
• Use of hand tools including sanders and grinders.
• Ability to work standing for an 8-hour shift.
• Ability to lift at least 25 lbs.
• Eye protection and gloves required at all times.
• Dust masks and ear protection required in and around paint prep areas.
• Taking care to ensure that parts are prepped according to the company’s and customer’s specifications in order to achieve the cosmetics grade required after paint.
• Work with the Engineering Team to develop optimum masking processes.
• Training other operations on improvements.
• Possess a basic understanding of the various oscillation types
• Ability to identify grit ratings.
• Ability to read, understand, and follow the information included in the detailed paint process instructions (DPPI) and/or Epicor comments.
• Ability to execute paint prep practices including concealing hardware with the use of bondo to achieve Class A cosmetics after paint.
Ability to provide constructive feedback regarding possible process improvements/discrepancies.
First Shift: 5:00AM – 1:30PM M-F
Second Shift: 1:20PM – 9:50PM M-F
$17 - $22 Per Hour
Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, Life Insurance, Paid Tuition, PTO, and Discounts on public transport
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $17.00 to $22.00 /hour