Position Description, Qualifications & Desired Experience:
Perform repetitive duties primarily associated with the operation of manual cutters and automatic cutters. Learn and perform minor set-ups for both manual and automatic cutters. Manually disassemble and assemble chains without the use of automated tools.
Requires continuous attention in keeping operation flowing, ordering parts, helping maintain schedule from the Planner, contacting Coach or Planner if in need of help to maintain schedule.
• Must be able to work in a team environment with little or no supervision.
• Detect faulty operation of equipment or defective material and refer unusual conditions to Coach.
• Responsible for quality: Accept training in work order reading, material routing, bill of materials and use of gauges and measuring tools common to manufacturing, along with related statistical process control principles and other quality assurance procedures.
• Maintain tools and equipment in proper manner.
• Must be knowledgeable in and practice all safety procedures.
• Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Employee is required to wear proper safety eyewear, hearing protection, and steel-toed shoes at all times while on the plant floor.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and complete necessary production forms.
- Ability to speak effectively with fellow employees and/or customers.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, schedule, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several variables; problem solving ability.
All candidates are advised that certain requirements related to the current COVID-19 pandemic will or may apply to this position. Face masks will be required for candidates to enter Chartwell offices and may be mandatory within the assignment location. Maintaining a safe distance of at least 6 feet from others and following good hygiene practices such as frequent hand washing/sanitizing will also be required while within Chartwell offices and in many of the work environments we staff. Additional measures such as body temperature screening may be implemented based on the most current guidelines and directives.
Chartwell Staffing Solutions provides one of the most comprehensive benefits packages in the industry to our employees. Benefits include:
- Skills Training
- Referral Bonuses
- Weekly pay with direct deposit option
Chartwell is a leader in matching great people with meaningful work. We connect over 5000 associates with our business clients each day through our 30+ locations across the United States. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, we offer employment opportunities at any stage in your professional career.
Chartwell provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.