Position Description, Required Qualifications & Desired Experience:
- Evaluate artwork to determine if it meets production specifications.
• Communicate with Sales staff regarding usability of artwork.
• Communicate with clients when necessary to determine artwork requirements.
• Evaluate time spent on projects and assess fees if required.
• Inspect each job ticket for proper number out, materials (stock, overlay, foils, inks and plates) mag stripe (appropriate to lock system), notes/instructions from sales, and total quantity including sub jobs.
• Prepare files for production, including trapping and color adjustment. Proof all work prior to sending to other departments and Create digital proofs to be sent to clients for approval.
• Create impositions and generate plates through Kodak Prinergy.
• Monitor press schedule and make sure plates are ready for press on time.
• Inspect plates for every job: proper sensor marks, cut marks, etc.
• Verify all color separations are plated and clipped together with corresponding job ticket.
• Keep plates labeled, organized and stored in designated areas.
• Maintain production equipment such as proofers, plate processors and imagers.
• Perform computer maintenance, i.e. file storage in designated areas, file backup to tape or disk as required.
• Proficient using print and design software including Adobe Creative Suite Products (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop & Acrobat)
• Must possess a strong print background and a working understanding of the print methods used in this environment; e.g. offset and flexographic printing. Knowledge and understanding of basic stripping.
• Perform color corrections to process color files
• Follow quality control standards, and communicate in technical terms with customer service, sales, press, and bindery department
• Strong problem solving skills and the ability to make decisions based on other department's requirements
• Understanding of printing and how prepress decisions can affect their production
• Provide client with proofs, delivery dates and manage client expectations
• 4 year degree in related field or equivalent of five years related experience in related field.
• Proficiency in the use of desktop publishing and graphic software, including but not limited to, Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Acrobat and Quark. Requires the ability to manipulate or modify industry standard file formats such as PDF, EPS, TIFF and JPEG.
• EFI Fiery, XMF, Kodak Prinergy, ColorFlow and/or PREPS and Creating imposition templates
• experience a PLUS.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interpret oral and written instructions.
• Excellent organizational skills and the ability to pay attention to detail.
• Ability to understand and demonstrate depth perception, color separation and saturation.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision to meet deadlines.
Chartwell Staffing Solutions provides one of the most comprehensive benefits packages in the industry to our employees. Benefits include:
- Skills Training
- Referral Bonuses
- Weekly pay with direct deposit option
Chartwell is a leader in matching great people with meaningful work. We connect over 5000 associates with our business clients each day through our 30+ locations across the United States. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, we offer employment opportunities at any stage in your professional career.
Chartwell provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.