Position Description, Qualifications & Desired Experience:
The Press Operator is responsible for supporting the goals of the plant in the efficient operation of a press, printing labels to specification, and assuring that quality is being maintained in a consistent manner. We are looking for a highly motivated individual who is looking for opportunity to grow and expand with a company. This job has immediate starts weekly as well as weekly pay!
- Comply with all company and safety policies and procedures
- Read job ticket carefully before set-up and run
- Input job order information into the computer (i.e. roll track numbers, correct activities, job specification, etc.); set specifications on the machine (measurement accuracy and attention to detail required)
- Consistent operation of AVT (as applicable based on Press)
- Maintain a clean workspace and press/press-area before, during and after each job
- Inspect jobs and flag (or remove as applicable) all defects using strobe light and/or AVT equipment (Warning: Viewing of the strobe light may trigger epileptic seizures in persons with photo sensitive epilepsy)
- Check completed job for quality
- Performs and supports Preventative Maintenance on press
- Perform test runs as required
- Responsible for working with Press Assistant(s) (as applicable) to support production schedule and applicable goals/KPIs on press
- High school education or equivalent required
- Knowledge of printing processes and previous experience as strong Press Operator, Assistant, or skilled Rewind Operator required
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs and carry up to 20 feet (frequently); ability to lift up to 75 lbs and carry up to 10 feet (occasionally)
- Proven ability to understand and operate roll lifts, press equipment, and operate in a safe manner
- Ability to read a ruler and understand measurements (able to pass a ruler test)
- Ability correctable to 20/20 (able to pass an eye test)
- Ability to differentiate colors (able to pass a color test)
- Ability to input data in the computer
- Self-motivated with the ability to stay focused and follow instructions
- Must be able to relate to, work with, and influence as needed, people at all levels of the organization
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task
Reasonable accommodations will be made for qualified individuals with disabilities so that they can perform the essential functions of the job.
All candidates are advised that certain requirements related to the current COVID-19 pandemic will or may apply to this position. Face masks will be required for candidates to enter Chartwell offices and may be mandatory within the assignment location. Maintaining a safe distance of at least 6 feet from others and following good hygiene practices such as frequent hand washing/sanitizing will also be required while within Chartwell offices and in many of the work environments we staff. Additional measures such as body temperature screening may be implemented based on the most current guidelines and directives.
Chartwell Staffing Solutions provides one of the most comprehensive benefits packages in the industry to our employees. Benefits include:
- Skills Training
- Referral Bonuses
- Weekly pay with direct deposit option
Chartwell is a leader in matching great people with meaningful work. We connect over 5000 associates with our business clients each day through our 30+ locations across the United States. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, we offer employment opportunities at any stage in your professional career.
Chartwell provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.