- Supervise activities of Production staff.
- Direct and coordinate activities associated with the production department including scheduling adequate staff to run and operate the line.
- Supervise all plant safety rules and regulations and provide safety orientation and training.
- Document yearly performance reviews on employees.
- Document incident, disciplinary action, accident/injury reports when needed.
- Assist in developing job procedures.
- Inspect material for quality defects.
- Develop and monitor 5s procedures.
- Work with the temporary agency to staff the production line with temporary employees as needed.
- Assist in training of new team members. Develop training plan for all production positions and ensure that employees are properly trained in any position that they are assigned.
- Substitute for other supervisors and production manager when required, due to vacation, off-site meetings and absenteeism.
- Communicate department daily results and maintain/exceed production performance requirements.
- Ensure safe/Proper disposal of non-useable raw materials or finished goods.
- Maintain acceptable machine utilization.
- Maintain acceptable scrap rate.
- Produce product according to specifications.
Education Requirement: Associate Degree
Chartwell Staffing Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer