The Production Supervisor will directly oversee and be responsible for the complete plant operations which includes, but not limited to, personnel safety (OSHA), food safety (SQF, HACCP, AIB, GMP) and the overall manufacturing process (bean to bar) involving product flow and established Quality guidelines. The Production Supervisor will also focus on maximizing productivity and minimizing costs by efficiently assigning personnel and proactively handling the needs of the operation.
Every employee here is working to meet the demands and expectations of our customers. Every person is accountable for ensuring a safe working environment, employing Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), striving to achieve and maintain Safe Quality Food (SQF) certification, and following our established Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s).
• Bachelor’s degree in Food Science, Business, Engineering or related field.
• 3-5 years previous supervisory experience in Production with a food or beverage manufacturing union environment.
• Understand basic theory of how all production machines operate and the ability to troubleshoot minor mechanical problems. Know capabilities and limitations of machines.
• Strong understanding of SQF, AIB, GMP, HACCP, FDA, OSHA.
• Required knowledge of accepted quality assurance procedures and guidelines.
• Experience with process improvement methodologies to improve efficiency and effectiveness. Committed to continuous improvement.
• Well organized. Ability to work well under pressure, manage competing demands and meet tight deadlines with strong follow through.
• Excellent leadership and supervisory skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to foster a close working relationship with production personnel and management.
• Must be willing and able to work different shifts, weekends and overtime.
• Manage, schedule, and supervise 30-50 hourly production personnel.
• Assure adequate staffing to meet production needs.
• Monitor and address employee-related concerns; report serious issues to Plant Manager and HR Manager.
• Monitor production output and ensure compliance with production schedule.
• Take responsibility for and support plant effort of focusing on, and adhering to, all Personnel and Product Safety, SQF, Quality, AIB, GMP, HACCP, and FDA regulations and policies.
• Ensure products are in compliance with all applicable specifications.
• Maintain quality standards of company products.
• Effectively interface with QA Department on interdepartmental issues.
• Ensure compliance with OSHA guidelines and company safety procedures.
• Maintain set standards of productivity.
• Minimize waste of raw and finished products.
• Identify sources of downtime and ways to reduce cost of product.
• Assess and analyze current practices and make recommendations for improvement.
• Advocate and champion a safe work environment; provide leadership role.
• Identify and report/correct safety issues relevant to safety areas.
• Handle worker injuries and medical emergencies.
Chartwell provides one of the most comprehensive benefits packages in the industry to our employees. Benefits include:
- 401(k) Plan
- Skills Training
- Referral Bonuses
- Weekly pay with direct deposit
Chartwell is a leader in matching great people with meaningful work. We connect over 10,000 associates with our business clients each day through our 36 offices across the United States. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, we offer employment opportunities at any stage in your professional career. Chartwell offers benefits including 401(k), Medical and weekly pay with direct deposit!
EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.