Position Description and Qualifications
- Fabricates, assembles, reworks, and repairs Medical products, per the Master Work Instructions (MWI) and Visibility Work Order, using precision instruments, hand tools, power tools, machines, and equipment as instructed.
- Read and understands work orders, MWI, drawings and related documentation to meet production requirements of products.
- Enters labor in Visibility system accurately, closing operations to correct work order quantity completed, clocking time correctly for start, breaks, lunch and end of shift. Works to established standard labor hours to perform assigned operations.
- Lays out cutting lines on plastic materials, such as sheet stock and fiberglass or graphite cloth, following template pattern, blueprints, sketches, or sample part, using measuring and marking instruments.
- Cuts material to size, using shears, knives, cutters, scissors, router, or saw.
- Mixes ingredients, such as resins, catalysts, fillers, accelerators, and colors, according to formulas, manually or using mixer.
- Sets up and operates forming machines and presses, or laminates plastic cloth plastic cloth and resins or pre-impregnated cloth onto layup mold or bonding fixture, to shape parts.
- Wraps bonding fixture or mold in vacuum bagging materials, attaches fittings to mold or fixture, such as vacuum connections, thermocouples, and probes, and exhausts air from vacuum bag to prepare lamination for curing or bonding.
- Operates oven to cure parts.
- Trims, drills, reams, countersinks, grinds, and finishes parts to specifications, using templates, hand tools, and power tools.
- Verifies dimensions of parts, using precision instruments, such as dial indicators, micrometers, and calipers.
- Fits and assembles parts and attaches hardware and fittings, such as brackets and hinges, using clamps, jigs, fixtures, power tools, and fasteners.
- Applies tape, foam, or other type of adhesives to assembly for subsequent bonding in autoclave.
- Repairs and reworks damaged or defective parts and assemblies by lay up, foaming, cementing, molding, potting, casting, or similar methods per Engineering instructions.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily and with minimal assistance. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Ability to read and write in the English language. As this is an entry level position, no work experience is required. However, as noted above, employees are required to perform essential duties satisfactorily with minimal assistance.
Chartwell provides one of the most comprehensive benefits packages in the industry to our employees. Benefits include:
- 401(k) Plan
- Skills Training
- Referral Bonuses
- Weekly pay with direct deposit
Chartwell is a leader in matching great people with meaningful work. We connect over 10,000 associates with our business clients each day through our 36 offices across the United States. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, we offer employment opportunities at any stage in your professional career. Chartwell offers benefits including 401(k), Medical and weekly pay with direct deposit!
EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.