Position Description, Qualifications and Desired Experience:
A Quality Assurance (QA) Tech is responsible for the quality and safety of Company’s products. The QA Tech must ensure compliance of products with specifications and compliance of personnel with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs). This position provides oversight, guidance and training of production personnel to ensure the manufacture of quality food. This position is also responsible for identifying product that does not meet the Company’s food safety and/or quality requirements and preventing its distribution.
- Conducts appropriate analytical testing of materials, work in progress (WIP), finished goods (FG), and equipment to assure compliance with product quality standards as required by GMP, HACCP, and standard specifications.
- Practices proper chemical, physical, microbiological, and sensory testing procedures.
- Oversees processing/manufacturing practices; such as Critical Control Points (CCP) and Control Points (CP), and derive raw data for appropriate documentation.
- Conducts internal quality systems and food safety audits, prepare summaries, devise correction action with proper department managers, and follow up on the implementation of corrective/preventive actions.
- Responsible for assuring that microbiological testing of finished goods, positive release, and customer communication (such as certificate of analysis requests/generation) is accomplished in a timely manner.
Reasonable accommodations will be made for qualified individuals with disabilities so that they can perform the essential functions of the job.
All candidates are advised that certain requirements related to the current COVID-19 pandemic will or may apply to this position. Face masks will be required for candidates to enter Chartwell offices and may be mandatory within the assignment location. Maintaining a safe distance of at least 6 feet from others and following good hygiene practices such as frequent hand washing/sanitizing will also be required while within Chartwell offices and in many of the work environments we staff. Additional measures such as body temperature screening may be implemented based on the most current guidelines and directives.
Chartwell Staffing Solutions provides one of the most comprehensive benefits packages in the industry to our employees. Benefits include:
- Skills Training
- Referral Bonuses
- Weekly pay with direct deposit option
Chartwell is a leader in matching great people with meaningful work. We connect over 5000 associates with our business clients each day through our 30+ locations across the United States. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, we offer employment opportunities at any stage in your professional career.
Chartwell provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.