Position Description, Qualifications and Desired Experience:
- Monitor and organize R&D projects from conception to completion.
· Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects.
· Maintain the project tracker for each R&D project.
· Create and monitor trial sample production schedule and projects progress.
· Ensure project deadlines are met in a timely manner.
· Act as point of contact for all projects.
· Report project status to management on a regular schedule; escalate issues as needed.
· Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation, product files, supplier documentation, customer requirements (sample testing requirements, specifications, packaging etc…)
· Track project progress specifically to analyze the successful completion of the projects; share analysis with supervisor.
· Lead, assist, and work directly with plant processing and production personnel to ensure trial runs and start-up operations are properly performed
· Research new and current raw materials, applications, processing technologies
· Perform other project management duties as assigned.
· Provide day to day support to the Quality team.
· Create and maintain department logs including approved formulas, testing and the like.
· Follow up on order raw materials and communicate their status.
· Assist in the development and update of Product Development procedures, Product Specifications and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
· Provide administrative support as needed.
· Other duties as assigned.
- BA degree in Food Science, Food Technology, Food Engineering, Microbiology or related area from an accredited university.
· Experience in manufacturing or work in the Food Industry preferred.
· Proven working experience in project management, developing and tracking projects, process improvement and problem solving.
· Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications such as Word and Excel.
· Good working knowledge of quality systems and HACCP/HARPC plan
· Fair understanding in nutrition, dietary labeling requirements under FDA & UDA
· Ability to work in a collaborative, cross-functional organization.
· Ability to manage complex project work streams across multiple dimensions, with internal and external partners.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Ability to multitask, follow-up, prioritize and manage time effectively.
Pay is $20/hour or up DOE
Reasonable accommodations will be made for qualified individuals with disabilities so that they can perform the essential functions of the job.
All candidates are advised that certain requirements related to the current COVID-19 pandemic will or may apply to this position. Face masks will be required for candidates to enter Chartwell offices and may be mandatory within the assignment location. Maintaining a safe distance of at least 6 feet from others and following good hygiene practices such as frequent hand washing/sanitizing will also be required while within Chartwell offices and in many of the work environments we staff. Additional measures such as body temperature screening may be implemented based on the most current guidelines and directives.
Chartwell Staffing Solutions provides one of the most comprehensive benefits packages in the industry to our employees. Benefits include:
- Skills Training
- Referral Bonuses
- Weekly pay with direct deposit option
Chartwell is a leader in matching great people with meaningful work. We connect over 5000 associates with our business clients each day through our 30+ locations across the United States. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, we offer employment opportunities at any stage in your professional career.
Chartwell provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.