Position Description, Qualifications & Desired Experience:
- Conducts safety audit in the facilities
- Administers forklift, hoist, and scissor lift training
- Assist with new hire orientation including safety and environmental
- Participates in safety walk-throughs—daily, weekly, monthly
- Maintains SDS
- Conduct Monthly Safety Meetings for employees
- Perform Accident Investigations and complete necessary corrective actions
- Responsible for maintaining infirmary cleanliness and inventory
- Internal/external scheduling of work-related doctor visits, attending visits as necessary
- Knowledge, skills and abilities: Ability to deal with stress and get along with co-workers and supervisors. Ability to read and speak English is required. Mathematical skills equivalent to high school level required. Must be able to communicate effectively, both written and verbal, with supervisors and co-workers. Regular attendance at work and punctuality are essential job functions. Skillful trouble shooter and problem solver with an analytical mind and strong technical and mechanical aptitude required. Excellent computer skills required including, but not limited to, Word, Excel, Outlook and SAP. Excellent organization and planning skills with the ability to think ahead and the ability to organize and manage multiple priorities. Highly motivated, self-driven individual with a strong desire to succeed and eager to enhance knowledge and skills through ongoing education and development. Must follow all Phillips & Johnston policies and procedures, and ensure employees follow them as well.
- Education: B.S. Degree in Business or Safety is desired, First Aid and CPR certification required ongoing.
- Experience: 1 year of previous manufacturing experience preferred.
Typical Physical Demands:
*Requires full range of body motion to include: constant lifting, bending, twisting, pushing, pulling, stooping, squatting, moving, reaching, working overhead, climbing and the ability to maintain one’s balance while performing the required work tasks. Must be able to meet physical requirements of job for 8 hours per day. Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range. Requires frequent unassisted lifting of a variety of objects from various positions, which range in weight from 5 to 50 pounds with an average weight of 34 – 37 pounds. Utilizes a variety of hand positions to work equipment controls and maneuver tubes throughout manufacturing process. Most jobs are fast paced and the ability to deal with stress is essential.
Reasonable accommodations will be made for qualified individuals with disabilities so that they can perform the essential functions of the job.
All candidates are advised that certain requirements related to the current COVID-19 pandemic will or may apply to this position. Face masks will be required for candidates to enter Chartwell offices and may be mandatory within the assignment location. Maintaining a safe distance of at least 6 feet from others and following good hygiene practices such as frequent hand washing/sanitizing will also be required while within Chartwell offices and in many of the work environments we staff. Additional measures such as body temperature screening may be implemented based on the most current guidelines and directives.
Chartwell Staffing Solutions provides one of the most comprehensive benefits packages in the industry to our employees. Benefits include:
- Skills Training
- Referral Bonuses
- Weekly pay with direct deposit option
Chartwell is a leader in matching great people with meaningful work. We connect over 5000 associates with our business clients each day through our 30+ locations across the United States. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, we offer employment opportunities at any stage in your professional career.
Chartwell provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.