Receives and stores incoming and ships outgoing materials, products and supplies. Counts items received or shipped and checks against packing lists, recording any discrepancies. Demonstrate good judgement in use of packing materials and material movement. Coordinate record keeping activities needed to ensure accurate inventory records and process control activities. The Shipping & Receiving Clerk will work 1st shift, Monday thru Thursday 6:00 AM to 2:30 PM, with overtime as needed.
- Good customer service skills
- Understand shipping & receiving terminology
- Forklift operation
- UPS/Fed-Ex online
- Printing labels
- Organizational skills
- Inventory management
- Computer skills
- Lift up to 50 lbs (on occasion)
- Frequent standing, bending, walking (with some repetitive tasks)
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Fork lift certification
- Mandatory pre-employment drug screen
Physical & Safety Requirements:
- Must be able to lift 30 lbs
- Ability to stand for 8 or more hours
- Exposed to hazards that require body protection (gloves, pants, steel toes, safety glasses, etc.)
- Follow all safety requirements
- Perform daily housekeeping activities to ensure a clean and safe work area
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Minimum of 3 years experience in shipping and receiving
- Experience with domestic and international shipping practices, and knowledge of carriers.
Must be forklift certified or have the ability to become certified and have the ability to use other material moving equipment.
- Excellent communication skills; both written and verbal.
- Must be organized
- Ability to use hand tools
- Able to read blue prints, and shipping instructions.
- Computer literate
- Able to recognize electronic components.
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must be a self-starter, show initiative, and have the ability to follow through to completion
Chartwell Staffing Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer