We are looking for a Shipping and Receiving Specialist for a client in Sumner, WA. The basic function of this position will include but is not limited to shipping, receiving, and inventory control in our Seattle, Spokane, or Vancouver facility.
- Package, schedule and ship items via parcel, motor freight, and custom carries. Receive and stage items for Service Department, Sales Department, and Vendor Returns.
- Perform shipping and receiving for a warehouse shared by companies, using Microsoft Dynamics NAV, UPS Worldship, Kuebix, and multiple freight carrier web scheduling services.
- Effectively utilize Windows applications and modern computer and communication tools and peripherals ( various software tools, phone, printer, copy/scan/email/ and calculator)
- Communicate via email, phone and in person with internal customers, vendors, freight carries, etc. to prioritize tasks and complete warehouse and shop activities.
- Verify all incoming shipments for correct waybill information and visible damage. Communicate and follow up on discrepancies with suppliers, freight companies, and any others. Communicates with others to ensure shipping related problems are resolved.
- Ensure that merchandise is processed, labelled, ad placed in the appropriate staging and inventory locations.
- Safely operate forklift to place/pick pallet of various size and shape into racking up into 16' high
- Prepare and verify documents related to activities of the shipping department. Forwards to appropriate departments for processing.
- Drive company vehicles to drop-off and pickup parts and equipment as needed.
- Assist as needed with shop tasks including disassembly, parts cleaning, and painting.
- Age 18 or older
- Clean driving record
- High School Diploma or G.E.D
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds at chest height
- Ability to work M-F 8:00AM-5:00PM. Overtime may be required based upon workloads and personnel requirements.
- Have reliable transportation, and able to commute to Seattle.
- High enthusiasm, energy and initiative
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Quality conscious and interested in improvement techniques and teamwork.
- Safe forklift operator. Will be required to take certification tests for forklift operation
Chartwell provides one of the most comprehensive benefits packages in the industry to our employees. Benefits include:
- 401(k) Plan
- Skills Training
- Referral Bonuses
- Weekly pay with direct deposit
Chartwell is a leader in matching great people with meaningful work. We connect over 10,000 associates with our business clients each day through our 36 offices across the United States. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, we offer employment opportunities at any stage in your professional career. Chartwell offers benefits including 401(k), Medical and weekly pay with direct deposit!
EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.