Position Description and Qualifications:
• Working in an office environment 50% of day
• Reading customer orders and shipping orders, and prepared orders using SAP, FedEx, and UPS
World shipping software
• Processing and Billing orders
• Gathering pallet counts, making ensure shipping points are correct
• Customer requirements are met
• Handle or redirect of refusals of orders (as needed).
• Reprinting of delivery work orders (if unavailable to locate the original)
• Shipping documents for oversea shipments
• Ensuring warehouse is accessible, clean, and safe.
• Assisting in counting of physical inventory.
• Driving forklift to load trucks – willing to train
• Will be working out on the warehouse floor a great deal
• Other responsibilities as assigned
• Warehouse can be hot in the summer months and cold in winter months!
✓ Basic Computer skills
✓ Processes shipments (quoting, preparing shipping documents Etc...)
✓ SAP background preferred
✓ Quotes/ answer emails
✓ Strong communication skills
✓ Must be able to work overtime when required
✓ Additional task requested of this position
Qualifications for Shipping Clerk:
• Ability to lift 10 - 50 pounds, as many packages are large
• Experience working in a fast-paced environment while maintaining attention to detail
• Ability to maintain a high level of physicality for prolonged periods
• Experience using a forklift and professional forklift – Willing to train
• Ability to problem solve quickly and prioritize daily tasks according to their importance
• Relevant customer service experience is a plus as shipping clerks interact with customers to
replace lost or damaged goods
Chartwell provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.