Position Description, Qualifications & Desired Experience:
Perform a variety of duties that are simple, repetitive, and require little training. These tasks include but are not limited to the following:
o Bar Stacking
o Drill Work
o Unloading Slat Racks
o Making Tails
o Sorting Parts
o Straightening Bars
o Building John Deere Boxes
o Deburring Chain
o Spreading Pintle Links
o Heat Auger Rings
o Connector Cell
o Benching Chain
o Manual Press Machine
o Assembly Machine
o Administrative Help
o Inventory Projects
Job Description & Requirements:
- Responsible for quality: Accept training in blueprint reading, use of gauges and measuring tools common to manufacturing, along with related statistical process control principles and other quality control procedures.
• Load and unload material from warehouse and staging to machine location.
• Inventory all items received by count or number, and store in specified areas. Responsible for accuracy of load list with material to proper machines and staging area.
• Following inventory, issue tag and deliver materials or parts to various plant locations or machining operations as directed. Lift, move and store material between operations.
• Perform preventive maintenance on forklift, such as checking tires, oil, battery, water, and gas.
• Detect faulty operation of equipment or defective material and refer unusual conditions to supervisor.
• Maintain tools and equipment in proper manner.
• Must be knowledgeable in and practice all safety procedures with particular vigilance relative to pedestrian traffic.
• Must be able to operate specific equipment, e.g. pumps, oil drums, garbage compactor, etc.
• Housekeeping responsibilities: Clean up oil spills, assist operators by replacing oil and water barrels, and maintain materials in a neat and orderly manner.
• Other duties as assigned.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Ability to write routine reports and complete necessary production forms.
Ability to speak effectively with fellow employees and/or customers.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, schedule, or diagram form.
Ability to deal with problems involving several variables; problem solving ability.
- Must be flexible to work in all areas of manufacturing. Must be able to work in a highly involved team environment with little or no supervision.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- Forklift License/experience
- Employee is required to wear proper safety eyewear, hearing protection, and steel-toed shoes at all times while on the plant floor.
All candidates are advised that certain requirements related to the current COVID-19 pandemic will or may apply to this position. Face masks will be required for candidates to enter Chartwell offices and may be mandatory within the assignment location. Maintaining a safe distance of at least 6 feet from others and following good hygiene practices such as frequent hand washing/sanitizing will also be required while within Chartwell offices and in many of the work environments we staff. Additional measures such as body temperature screening may be implemented based on the most current guidelines and directives.
Chartwell Staffing Solutions provides one of the most comprehensive benefits packages in the industry to our employees. Benefits include:
- Skills Training
- Referral Bonuses
- Weekly pay with direct deposit option
Chartwell is a leader in matching great people with meaningful work. We connect over 5000 associates with our business clients each day through our 30+ locations across the United States. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, we offer employment opportunities at any stage in your professional career.
Chartwell provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.