Successful and growing national staffing service seeking Staffing Coordinator as a key member of our Gardena team! The ideal candidate will have experience screening industrial employees on a high-volume basis. The Staffing Coordinator supports the staffing office by screening applicants, filling job orders, and coordinating fulfillment for Chartwell Staffing Solutions' clients. This position may involve some administrative and human resources functions.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- As directed by the Branch Manager, the Staffing Coordinator conducts the recruitment efforts for temporary/associate workers.
- May write and place ads or use social media to fill positions.
- May assist in formatting and writing resumes for associates to present during client hiring process.
- Processes applications for employment by checking references and conducting criminal background checks. May interview candidates and evaluate their ability to meet essential functions of Chartwell Staffing Solutions' client jobs.
- Answers the telephone and responds quickly and professionally to all field associates and clients.
- Processes all new field associates and conducts new associate orientations.
- Identifies available field associates who meet essential functions of Chartwell Staffing Solutions' job orders and quickly confirm assignments with associates.
- Performs data entry using Chartwell Staffing Solutions' proprietary employee/applicant tracking system, maintains accurate records, and keeps the system current.
- Establishes and maintains department records and reports.
- Participates in administrative staff meetings and attends other meetings such as seminars when required.
- May attend prospect meetings to share recruitment expertise during the sales processes.
- Monitors workers' compensation claims and provides public information such as verifying employment. Communicates changes in personnel policies and procedures to ensure compliance.
- Coordinates drug testing and fitness determination appointments. Produces sales reports as requested by the Branch Leader.
- Ensures the front lobby always looks professional and clean.
- Greets candidates and clients in a friendly and professional manner.
- Helps with notifying Branch Manager when supplies are low.
- Filing responsibilities as needed.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
Preferences, Requirements and Qualifications
- Bilingual language skills in English/Spanish helpful but not required
- One year of prior experience working in a staffing, scheduling, or human resources support capacity.
- General knowledge and understanding of state and federal labor laws and regulations that impact human resources and employment.
- Demonstrates excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Demonstrates a high degree of professionalism.
- Intermediate computer skills including experience in Microsoft Office products, email, and scheduling systems. Demonstrates organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to successfully and positively develop effective working relationships between staff, leaders, and clients. Ability to exercise independent judgement and demonstrates initiative to meet customers' needs.
- Ability to work under pressure within a fast-paced, team focused environment.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment and computer/software applications.
- Ability to perform physical aspects of those in a standard office environment.
Chartwell Staffing Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer