Position Description, Qualifications & Desired Experience:
We have a great opportunity for an Staffing Specialist/On Site! The Staffing Specialist is responsible for full cycle recruitment. They will work alongside the staffing coordinator, and other staffing members to ensure all facets of a Chartwell Staffing Solutions’ partnership is executed with the highest quality service. Maintain a one-to-one relationship with department leads, supervisors, and field staff. Grow the relationships with the client by providing creative solutions regarding their contingent workforce. Ensure that they are operating within optimum working conditions, compliance, record-keeping, production and good employee relations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Processes full cycle recruiting on potential candidates (from interviewing and placing advertisements to conducting orientations, submitting background checks and drug tests).
• Manages day-to-day interaction with client, including daily information flow, problem solving and suggest process improvements.
• Ensures in a timely manner that orders are expedited to meet fulfillment standards.
• Consistently exceeds client and talent expectations and stay ahead of the staffing industry by offering innovative, creative, and effective employment solutions.
• Maintains current accurate records using Chartwell Staffing Solutions’ proprietary employee / application tracking system.
• Manages and maintains a professional working relationship with client managers and temporary associates.
• Ensures regulatory compliance with OSHA, FDA and other regulations.
• Through measuring of KPIs ensure you are performing to the highest standards.
• Evaluates the staffing level to meet company and department productivity objectives.
• Identifies issues and take actions while working in a fast-paced environment.
• Meets with your team and leader daily to understand and analyze the recruitment forecast.
• Understands and takes a proactive approach to touch all open orders within any given day.
• Takes a proactive approach in communication with your team and management on any issues or concerns throughout the day.
• Communicates with client daily to ensure the highest level of service always. Updates client daily on their open orders and progress until the positions are filled in their entirety.
Preferred Knowledge, Abilities, Education and Experience:
• Experience in Human Resources or Business Administration or similar discipline preferred, or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
• Demonstrated working knowledge of sourcing, networking, qualifying, assessing, interviewing, relationship management, record maintenance and metric management required.
• Expert level experience to perform searches that produce qualified candidates according to relevant job criteria, using various recruitment sources: cold calls, talent pipelines, networking, Internet recruiting resources, career fairs, internal talent pools, and employee referrals required.
• General knowledge and understanding of state and federal labor laws and regulations that impact human resources and employment.
• Demonstrates excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Demonstrates a high degree of professionalism.
• Software skills experience in Microsoft Office products, email, and scheduling systems. Demonstrates organizational and time management skills.
• Ability to successfully and positively develop effective working relationships between staff, leaders, and clients. Ability to exercise independent judgement and demonstrates initiative to meet customers' needs.
• Ability to work under pressure within a fast-paced, team focused environment.
• Ability to operate standard office equipment and computer/software applications.
• Ability to perform physical aspects of those in a standard office environment.
Reasonable accommodations will be made for qualified individuals with disabilities so that they can perform the essential functions of the job.
All candidates are advised that certain requirements related to the current COVID-19 pandemic will or may apply to this position. Face masks will be required for candidates to enter Chartwell offices and may be mandatory within the assignment location. Maintaining a safe distance of at least 6 feet from others and following good hygiene practices such as frequent hand washing/sanitizing will also be required while within Chartwell offices and in many of the work environments we staff. Additional measures such as body temperature screening may be implemented based on the most current guidelines and directives.
Chartwell Staffing Solutions provides one of the most comprehensive benefits packages in the industry to our employees. Benefits include:
• Skills Training
• Referral Bonuses
• Weekly pay with direct deposit option
Chartwell is a leader in matching great people with meaningful work. We connect over 5000 associates with our business clients each day through our 30+ locations across the United States. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, we offer employment opportunities at any stage in your professional career.
Chartwell provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.