The primary function of the Team Leader position is to assist the Plant Supervisor in ensuring that our daily production & shipping requirements are met. This includes (but is not limited to) helping to ensure a safe & efficient work environment through good communication and cooperation. This individual needs to possess a high degree of self-motivation, the ability to multi-task various responsibilities, communicate effectively & work well with their co-workers. Training for this position will be provided by the Plant Supervisor along with applicable operations personnel. Examples of duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Learn to operate all RRFW equipment - Assist operators in machine change-overs; Provide machine operation coverage for absences/vacations if needed
- Material handling - Load/unload trucks & shuttles when needed; Ensure material is ready for customer required shipments
- Safety - Assist in accident/incident investigation; Transport injured employees for treatment as needed; Maintain 1st Aid/CPR certification
Typical Physical Demands:
- Must be able to work a minimum of 8 hours per day on a regular basis. May require additional hours of work, as required.
- Requires full range of body motion to include: lifting, bending, twisting, kneeling, pushing, pulling, stooping, and squatting.
- Position requires frequent moving on concrete floor while wearing steel-toed shoes. May cover up to two (2) miles per shift while performing essential duties.
- Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range.
- May require unassisted lifting of a variety of objects from various positions, which range in weight from 5 to 50 pounds with an average weight of 34-37 pounds.
- Utilizes a variety of hand positions such as turning and twisting.
- The job is fast paced and the ability to deal with stress is essential.
Required Education and Skills:
- High School Diploma required.
- 2 years supervisory experience in an industrial setting.
- Demonstrated computer skills in MS Office and email functions.
- Highly motivated, self-driven, individual with a strong desire to succeed and eager to enhance knowledge and skills through on-going education and development.
- Committed to high standards of integrity, including respect and value for individual team member’s unique talents, skills, and individual qualities.
- Ability to quickly learn and work independently, as well as in team environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate with all levels of the organization in order to provide efficient internal customer service.
Reasonable accommodations will be made for qualified individuals with disabilities so that they can perform the essential functions of the job.
All candidates are advised that certain requirements related to the current COVID-19 pandemic will or may apply to this position. Face masks will be required for candidates to enter Chartwell offices and may be mandatory within the assignment location. Maintaining a safe distance of at least 6 feet from others and following good hygiene practices such as frequent hand washing/sanitizing will also be required while within Chartwell offices and in many of the work environments we staff. Additional measures such as body temperature screening may be implemented based on the most current guidelines and directives.
Chartwell Staffing Solutions provides one of the most comprehensive benefits packages in the industry to our employees. Benefits include:
- Skills Training
- Referral Bonuses
- Weekly pay with direct deposit option
Chartwell is a leader in matching great people with meaningful work. We connect over 5000 associates with our business clients each day through our 30+ locations across the United States. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, we offer employment opportunities at any stage in your professional career.
Chartwell provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.