Position Description, Required Qualifications & Desired Experience:
Position Summary: The Utility associate in Auger Mount is a support utility worker that will be trained to support the Auger Mount Department and welders. They will perform a variety of duties such as grinding/sanding, balancing & straightening Augers, heat auger rings, set up welding benches and bending sectional rings if necessary. Must be flexible to work in all areas of Auger Mount. Must be able to work in a highly involved team environment with little or no supervision.
Essential Job Duties:
- Work from blueprints, operation sheets, or customer orders. Use adjustable and fixed measuring devices. Hand-feed coil steel into roller stock guides. Check work frequently for quality of steel, pitch, I.D., O.D., and shaft dimensions; make adjustments and corrections as necessary or required. Cut and stock material.
- Change and spot welding roller arms, adjust pitch and cup arms for various sizes and angles of product; grind cones as necessary; operate forklift truck to load and unload coiled steel and finished material.
- Set-ups are exacting and occasionally somewhat difficult, requiring use of cones and rollers positioned to make correct pitch, shaft, I.D., and O.D. dimensions. Tolerances are close and at times may be somewhat difficult to maintain.
- Detect faulty operation of equipment or defective material and refer unusual cases to supervisor. Maintain equipment and work area in proper manner.
- Must be knowledgeable in and practice all safety procedures.
- Responsible for quality: Accept training in blueprint reading, use of gauges and measuring tolls common to manufacturing, along with related statistical process control principles and other quality control procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Responsible for quality – accept training in blueprint reading, use of gauges and measuring tools common in Auger Mount/ welding. Plus, ensuring that all control procedures and quality is followed.
Education and/or Experience: High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required. Some welding experience preferred.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and complete necessary production forms. Ability to speak effectively with fellow employees and/or customers.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, schedule, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several variables; problem solving ability.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, sit, use hands/arms. The employee is regularly required to talk, hear at conversational level, and smell. The employee is occasionally required to walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift/move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift/move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift/move up to 70 pounds. Moving/lifting greater than 70 pounds requires assistance from another employee or a lifting device/hoist. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, outside weather conditions, and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to extreme heat and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Required Personal Protective Equipment
Employee is required to wear proper safety eyewear, hearing protection, and steel-toed shoes at all times while on the plant floor.
Chartwell Staffing Solutions provides one of the most comprehensive benefits packages in the industry to our employees. Benefits include:
- Skills Training
- Referral Bonuses
- Weekly pay with direct deposit option
Chartwell is a leader in matching great people with meaningful work. We connect over 5000 associates with our business clients each day through our 30+ locations across the United States. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, we offer employment opportunities at any stage in your professional career.
Chartwell provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.