We are recruiting individuals with a strong safety aptitude and attitude, as well as a keen desire to be involved with a project that will make an impact on our community... We are in need of Utility Operators who will be responsible for quality control of MSW and removal unacceptable material from the sorting line, conducting general cleaning throughout the Processing Facility and routine processing system preventative maintenance.
• Work safely and actively promote a safety-first working environment.
• Perform quality control of MSW and recovered unacceptable material from the sorting line.
• Operates industrial equipment including forklifts and personnel lifts to support operational functions, the clearing of jams and movement of tipper bins.
• Performs recovered material quality control; identifies and sorts non-targeted contaminant materials from recovered recyclable commodities.
• Clean equipment, grounds and work areas throughout the FPF.
• Participate in training of FPF job functions.
• Maintain daily checklists, perform routine equipment inspections and conduct assigned system preventive maintenance.
• Supports and relieves other FPF sorters as needed.
• Participates in other FPF operations and tasks throughout the FPF.
• Conducts other duties as assigned.
• The Feedstock Processing Facility handles and processes municipal solid waste.
• Noise levels in the work environment are usually high, hearing protection is required.
• An ability to work in sometimes dusty, hot, humid, or cold environment.
• This is a full-time position. Shift work, including nights is common and overtime is required.
• Be able to read, write, and speak English.
• Have a valid driver’s license.
• Have reliable transportation.
• Be willing to consent to a drug screen as this is a drug-free workplace.
• Be willing to consent to a background check. Prior convictions will not necessarily disqualify you from working with this company.
• Job duties may routinely require moving, sitting, twisting, talking and hearing, making visual inspections, making precise hand and finger movements, reaching or grasping.
• Job duties may routinely require specific vision abilities, which include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to quickly adjust and focus vision.
• Job duties may routinely require lifting and/or carrying objects up to 50 lbs.
• Job duties may routinely require pushing and/or pulling objects up to 50 lbs.
• Job duties may routinely require ascending to heights over 50 ft. and working in elevated locations.
• Job duties may require working in enclosed/confined spaces.
• Must follow company policy when operating any company equipment and, or vehicles.
• Job duties may routinely require performing strenuous physical activity while wearing personal protective equipment.
• Must be able to comply with company respiratory protection program, including facial hair policy.
Upon hire, proof of identity and U.S. employment eligibility is required
• Seeking candidates with high school diploma or equivalent
• Must be at least 18 years of age
Chartwell provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Reasonable accommodations will be made for qualified individuals with disabilities so that they can perform the essential functions of the job.