Position Description, Qualifications & Desired Experience:
- Unload pallet/floor loaded inbound containers.
- Accurately receive/label product via Warehouse Management System (WMS) using handheld RF equipment.
- Safely and accurately move product to inventory stock locations using handheld RF equipment.
- Safely and accurately move product from reserve to picking locations while meeting established productivity and efficiency performance standards.
- Accurately read and apply picking labels to cases from stock locations for outbound orders.
- Safely and accurately move product from inventory stock locations to staging lanes or conveyor induct stations.
- Accurately follow RF or voice-directed picking instructions, selecting the required product/quantities.
- Participate in counting of physical inventory.
- Maintain safe and clean work environment.
- Immediately report breakage to supervisor.
- Maintain productivity and quality standards.
- Follows all safety policies and procedures; communicates hazards and/or suggests improvements to manager.
- Arrive to work, meetings, appointments, and other work-related functions on time and as scheduled.
- Meet established goals and objectives.
- Ad hoc tasks as assigned by supervisor.
WORKING CONDITIONS : Warehouse environment; may be subjected to loud noise, temperature and weather extremes.
EQUIPMENT/MACHINERY USED: Pallet jack, forklift, cherry picker, reach truck, RF device, voice pick system, time clock, office equipment (including computer/printer, fax, photocopier, calculator, and telephone).
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Manual dexterity, visual acuity, reaching, bending, sitting, frequent lifting and moving up to 50 pounds.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Ability to obtain forklift certification within 6 months of hire; Certified forklift operator preferred.
- Demonstrated effective communication skills.
- Must be able to work extended daily hours as business volume requires.
- Must be able to work all holiday hours as the posted schedule requires
Reasonable accommodations will be made for qualified individuals with disabilities so that they can perform the essential functions of the job.
All candidates are advised that certain requirements related to the current COVID-19 pandemic will or may apply to this position. Face masks will be required for candidates to enter Chartwell offices and may be mandatory within the assignment location. Maintaining a safe distance of at least 6 feet from others and following good hygiene practices such as frequent hand washing/sanitizing will also be required while within Chartwell offices and in many of the work environments we staff. Additional measures such as body temperature screening may be implemented based on the most current guidelines and directives.
Chartwell Staffing Solutions provides one of the most comprehensive benefits packages in the industry to our employees. Benefits include:
- Skills Training
- Referral Bonuses
- Weekly pay with direct deposit option
Chartwell is a leader in matching great people with meaningful work. We connect over 5000 associates with our business clients each day through our 30+ locations across the United States. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, we offer employment opportunities at any stage in your professional career.
Chartwell provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.