Position Description, Qualifications & Desired Experience:
Experienced Warehouse Lead needed in Fernley, NV off 1-80 Exit 65!
2. Shift: Monday-Thursday 4:30pm to 3:00am
3. Interview and screening process w/ ARC in Sparks, NV required
• Prefer two years’ work experience in a supervisory/lead capacity.
• Prefer one-year work experience in a manufacturing environment.
• Prefer at least 1-year forklift operating experience.
• Prefer knowledge of packaging machines.
• Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively, both written and verbal, in the English language.
• Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment, multi-tasking skills a must.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Possess an excellent operation and safety record.
• Strong customer service skills required.
• Consistently at work and on time, meet schedules and deadlines on time.
About the position:
Lead the packaging and shipping crews. Communicate effectively with managers and supervisors to ensure production needs are met. Works to ensure that all employees work safely, and that safety is a TOP PRIORITY. Ensure safe production practices, systems, and processes are followed and comply with Federal/State regulations. Promote a culture with safe work practices and emphasize personal awareness and responsibility. Conduct safety compliance audits; looking for unsafe conditions or unsafe acts. Operate all packaging machinery as needed. Ensure proper package and pallet are used per work instructions. Verify outgoing shipments as well as shipments received. Efficiently operate forklift safely. Load/unload trucks as needed.
• Perform end of day and bi-monthly inventory counts. Enter production into ERP system daily. Hold daily safety meetings. Inspect equipment and work areas for defects or safety issues before, during and after shifts and submits report indicating equipment condition. Perform simple maintenance on packaging machinery and assist mechanic as needed. Keep the equipment and warehouse clean and presentable.
• General plant cleanup, including but not limited to cleaning with broom, squeegee, vacuum, shovel. Picking up trash, cutting/pulling weeds, painting, filing paperwork, assisting with quality related testing, calibrations, monitoring and inspections.
• Other duties as assigned.
Please give us a call/text at 775-980-6066 or apply online at www.workforchartwell.com
Reasonable accommodations will be made for qualified individuals with disabilities so that they can perform the essential functions of the job.
All candidates are advised that certain requirements related to the current COVID-19 pandemic will or may apply to this position. Face masks will be required for candidates to enter Chartwell offices and may be mandatory within the assignment location. Maintaining a safe distance of at least 6 feet from others and following good hygiene practices such as frequent hand washing/sanitizing will also be required while within Chartwell offices and in many of the work environments we staff. Additional measures such as body temperature screening may be implemented based on the most current guidelines and directives.
Chartwell Staffing Solutions provides one of the most comprehensive benefits packages in the industry to our employees. Benefits include:
- Skills Training
- Referral Bonuses
- Weekly pay with direct deposit option
Chartwell is a leader in matching great people with meaningful work. We connect over 5000 associates with our business clients each day through our 30+ locations across the United States. Whether you're looking for temporary, temporary-to-permanent or permanent opportunities, we offer employment opportunities at any stage in your professional career.
Chartwell provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.